The Administration Division is staffed with one Administrative Assistant, the Deputy Chief, three Lieutenants, two Sergeant, five Officers and 12 Civilians. The division is comprised of nine separate units and bureaus.
Division Commander Deputy Chief Donald Ling
- Captain Donald Ling started his law enforcement career as a Class II Special Officer with the Seaside Heights Police Department in June of 1992.
- He was hired as a full time officer with the Island Heights Police Department in 1993.
- In January of 1995 he began his career with the Brick Township Police Department.
- 1995 – 1996 he was assigned to the evening shift as a patrol officer. He also served as a Field Training Officer during that time.
- 1996 – 2002 he was assigned to the Traffic Safety Unit.
- 2002 he was promoted to the rank of Sergeant. He was a squad supervisor on the evening shift.
- 2005 – 2011 he was reassigned to the Traffic Safety Unit as the unit’s supervisor.
- 2011 he was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and assigned to the Internal Affairs Unit.
- 2013 he was assigned to the Operations Division as the Deputy Operations Division Commander.
- 2015 he was promoted to the rank of Captain. He is currently the Operations Division Commander.
The Communications Center function is to receive incoming calls for service and dispatch the appropriate units to the call for service (i.e., Police, Fire, and EMS). The center is staffed with twenty full time and five part time Telecommunication Operators and one Telecommunications Supervisor. The Telecommunications Operators perform several important tasks including the handling of 9-1-1 and non-emergency calls for service, the dispatching and monitoring of Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) within the Township of Brick.
All Telecommunications Operators are certified by the State of New Jersey as Emergency Medical Dispatchers and Basic Communications Operators as well as receiving continuous training in domestic violence call handling, crisis and hostage negotiations, tactical communications, and advance public safety dispatching in addition to being proficient in local, state and national databases. In addition, several of our Telecommunications Operators have been trained as Tactical Dispatchers.