Captain David Forrester #155
- In February 1996 Captain David Forrester was hired as a police officer by the Brick Township Police Department; he graduated from the New Jersey State Police Municipal Academy – Class #193.
- After graduation he was assigned to the Operations Division; Evenings Shift.
- In 2001 he was assigned to Brick Memorial High School as a School Resource Officer. Additionally, he became a member of the Special Emergency Response Team (SERT).
- In 2002 he was assigned to the Investigations Division.
- In 2003 he returned to the Operations Division; midnights. Additionally, he was a Field Training Officer for numerous officers.
- In July 2004 he was promoted to Sergeant and assigned to Operations Division; Midnights.
- In December 2012 he was promoted to Lieutenant and assigned as the Deputy Administrative Services Division Commander.
- In September 2013 he was assigned to Internal Affairs until April 2016
- He was assigned to the Professional Standards Unit twice; once as a Sergeant in 2009 and then as a Lieutenant in 2017.
- Graduate of IACP Leadership in Police Organizations.
- He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Stockton University and Master’s Degree in Administrative Science from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- He also retired as a Major from the New Jersey Air National Guard after serving 24 years.
The two school resource officers are assigned to the schools in accordance with the cooperative agreement with the Board of Education. One detective is assigned to each high school and the accompanying middle and elementary schools for each high school.
In addition, the detectives encourage the sharing of information with members of the public. Many investigations are initiated as well as solved through this type of cooperative effort. Detectives are typically available Monday through Friday 8:00am to 11:00pm and available as “on-call” status to respond at any other time.