Captain Ron Dougard #150 – Investigations Division Commander
- Started law enforcement career as a Class One Special Officer with the Brick Township Police Department in May of 1993
- Hired as a full time police officer January 1995
- 1995-1998 was assigned to the midnight shift and the 4-12 shift.
- 1998 assigned to the departments Drug Enforcement Unit until 2001
- 2001 assigned to detective bureau and served as the evening juvenile officer. Also served as the advisor to the police explorer club
- 2002 promoted to the rank of sergeant and worked all three shifts as a squad supervisor.
- 2007 promoted to the rank of lieutenant
- 2007-2012- served as Administrative Services Deputy Division Commander.
- 2012-2014 assigned to patrol division as 4-12 and day shift commander
- 2014 promoted to the rank of captain and was assigned to Community Policing Division Commander/ Public Information Officer.
- 2015-present- assigned to the Investigations Division as Division Commander
The two school resource officers are assigned to the schools in accordance with the cooperative agreement with the Board of Education. One detective is assigned to each high school and the accompanying middle and elementary schools for each high school.
In addition, the detectives encourage the sharing of information with members of the public. Many investigations are initiated as well as solved through this type of cooperative effort. Detectives are typically available Monday through Friday 8:00am to 11:00pm and available as “on-call” status to respond at any other time.